Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reiki

I'm currently in program for my reiki master's training. It's such a gift, to be in a group of people that desire to be healed and to heal. Our teachers - Audrey Pearson (Devdasi) and James Pearson (Mohan) - went to Japan last year to study with a teacher from a lineage previously assumed to have disappeared, their secrecy was so effective. Their Prana-Tantra Reiki tradition is born out of that lineage.

It's fascinating to learn and experience the differences between the traditional Japanese and western-developed forms and ideas around reiki. It's amazing to imagine the courage exhibited by Madame Takada in bringing this healing to the United States at the end of WWII. It's exciting to consider the powerful ways this modality is being woven into peoples' lives and ways of being in the world.

There are a million more pieces to reflect upon, but for now, I'll content myself with sharing this nugget of insight from this morning's session:

- As you progress in your ability to your development towards peace and wisdom, don't use your heightened insight as a tool for flagellation when you aren't feeling or living in that way. Instead, your response to where you're at now becomes the place for practice. Imagine yourself as a young child, and work to show that same sense of loving compassion to yourself, wherever or however you show up.

* After this training, I will be certified to teach Reiki I, II, and master's level. I'm hoping to schedule these for the winter 2012-2013. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment